Sunday, November 2, 2008

Chicago!

A few weeks ago I had my first trip to Chicago, to attend a web design conference with two other VB web designers. Luckily VB paid for the travel and hotel room, so Alexis got a free ride to Chicago as well! What an amazing city! We must have taken hundreds of pictures of all the architecture. Our hotel was right on the river, and right in the heart of the city. On night one, Ray took us to the top of the Hancock tower (breathtaking) and then we hooked up with Austin and Jen as well to get some sushi and drinks. Pretty much an ideal night!

For the next two days I was in my conference pretty much all day so Alexis got to explore the city and take pictures. We hooked up for dinner and Alexis and I, along with Mark and Steve, my fellow designers, ate at Shula's steak house. Expensive and YUM. I love a fancy steakhouse. VB is now responsible for my first trip to Morton's and Shula's, and I am truly grateful! The second day I skipped out for lunch at Giordano's with Alexis, so we could get some authentic Chicago-style pizza. Again, delicious. I wish I could just eat my away around that city! We did some browsing (but not shopping) along the Miracle (?) Mile, which I think was my favorite place to hang out, naturally. We headed back to Fort Wayne on Tuesday night with high hopes of going back to Chicago someday with more time to explore. Only problem is, next time we'll have to pay for ourselves. ugh.

Chicago at night

cousins

a night out

chicago

across the river

the bean at millenium par

at Giordano's

yum!


So that was Chicago, it was a lot of fun, and I can't wait to go back...one day when we have money! Plus I learned a lot at the conference as well, so hopefully we will get to back next year. The only downside of the trip was the news of grandaddy : ( but thankfully I work for a great company and was able to take time off and drive home that weekend.

Anyways, stay tuned...more posts to come about what we've been doing for the last month.
: )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. That pizza looks good... Chicago should be included in our next visit.